Use [DISPLAY]-keys on the Roland D-20 synth above to navigate to different sections of the website.

News

Hibernation [Atari MegaSTE Mix] - Final Version

Another and - I hope - final mix of Hibernation.
Reprogrammed the Akai Multi using new samples uploaded to the S3000XL by Zero-X on an Atari 1040STE.
All sequenced in Cubase Score on an Atari MegaSTE.

Nemesis21 Hibernation [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

posted on Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:27:00 +0200 by Yod801


Final Atari Mega STE Mix of Nemesis

Some voice in the back of my head told me to improve the mix of this song again, which leaves me just one step away from the before mentioned Atari Realities EP, which will be an even better mix of Hibernation.
Took the chance to rerecord vocals.
Now all movie samples - be they noise or speech samples- have migrated from the NI Kontakt5 to my Akai S3000XL sampler, which took quite a Zero-X session on my Atari 1040STE.
Also I've taken away the distortion from the filtered beat in the middle part and rerecorded the movement of the cutoff-knob. Thought a resonant filter alone is more than enough as FX.

Nemesis21 Nemesis [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2020 02:35:58 +0200 by Yod801


Final Atari Mega STE Mix of Descent

A new and final for the time being version of Descent.
Re-recorded the chorus vocals. I had to fight with some latency issues while singing in the last version.
As it is mixed on an analogue mixing desk this is a new mix from scratch, too.

Listen:
Nemesis21 Descent [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2020 02:30:29 +0200 by Yod801


Final Atari Mega STE Mix of Beacon

Final mix of Beacon, this time with all hardware synths mixed on the Mackie desk.
I used my standard Nemesis21 drum kit on the Akai S3000XL and reprogrammed the drums, so they have multiple snares, too.
Master sequencer is my Atari MegaSTE running Cubase Score at 16MHz.
Re-recorded the vocals, which used to be a mess due to inferior recording equipment.

Nemesis21 Beacon [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

posted on Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:02:33 +0200 by Yod801


Descent [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

Here comes the finished Atari MegasSTE Mix of Descent including vocals which I have actually re-recorded completely.
While transfering the MIDI to the Atari, I migrated the NI FM8 sequencer sound in the chorus to the TX7. I replaced the D-110 sequencer in the verse by a more metallic sound created in Synthworks.
Drums and samples have gone from the NI Kontakt5 to the Akai S3000XL sampler. Reprogrammed the drum track with multiple snares.
All mixed on my Mackie mxing desk as far as possible.

posted on Sat, 23 May 2020 21:43:26 +0200 by Yod801


Atari Realities EP Album Art

posted on Thu, 21 May 2020 09:56:59 +0200 by Yod801


Descent [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

Next step in the Atarification of my songs will be Descent. As you can see in the picture I've already got MIDI files of the single tracks on my MegaSTE.
Together with the rest of the Atari MegaSTE mixes this will result in an Atari Realities 4 tracks EP.

posted on Sat, 16 May 2020 16:09:51 +0200 by Yod801


Nemesis [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

Also transferred my song Nemesis to the Atari MegaSTE and mixed the bugger on my Mackie mixing desk. Made major changes to the beat.

posted on Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:07:38 +0200 by Yod801


Hibernation [Atari MegaSTE Mix]

I was reworking and transfering my old song Hibernation to my Ataris. To do this I had to reprogram two Roland D-20 sounds using Steinberg Synthworks on the Atari. I used ZeroX to transfer samples to my Akai S3000XL, too.

In older versions there was a "hard-coded" swing feel to the hi hats, so I was re-quantising most tracks to have a proper swing feel to them.

Master sequencer still is my mighty Atari MegaSTE running Cubase Score. Slaves to the master are my two Microsoft PCs I call YODMACHINE and WINTERMUTE.
In addition the main parts of the song are mixed on my new Mackie mixing desk, which makes it really hardware-heavy.

posted on Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:30:16 +0100 by Yod801


Beacon [Atari Mega STE Version - Instrumental]

I reconnected this catchy tune of mine to the MIDI ports of my Atari MegaSTE running Cubase Score, which from now on serves as my master MIDI sequencer.

Basically I exchanged my Kontakt5 multi sample by an Akai S3000XL hardware counterfeit. The programmed MIDI of the chorus melody was replaced by me actually playing the keyboard. I had to reprogram that clonky Roland D-20 ring modulated sound in Synthworks and I did some minor changes to the hi hats, too.

Mind this is just an instrumental recording of the song as it comes from my cheap mixing desk without proper EQs and FX as they are provided by Cubase Artist on the PC.

I might be a bit preoccupied but I've got the impression you can definetly hear and feel the superior timing of the Atari MegaSTE:

posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 04:33:48 +0100 by Yod801


visitors since 21st of May, 2008: 190559